Tuesday, October 29, 2013

How did I become a CPA?




I did not become a CPA overnight or even in just a year. It’s more than that.

It’s been several days since I saw my name etched on that roll of successful examinees. I tell you it is a mixture of overwhelming joy and heart-pinching sadness. Well not everyone who takes that dreadful exam makes it through, a hurtful reality.

How did I become a Certified Public Accountant? It’s simple and I just realized it after I passed which is but appropriate. Commit, Pray, Achieve. That’s it!

Believe it or not, Accountancy was my first choice even though I know not anything about the course. I held onto the dream that I someday I will become an accountant and I committed myself to it. During my college years I gave everything that I could. I read & solve in advance, I review until dawn (when I’m in the mood and not sleepyJ) and equally important I roam around with my friends. Reading the chapter once to me was not enough to internalize the concepts. Yes, internalize and I am glad I had done it before because those mnemonics I mastered are still in my mind. Mistakes are also good teachers because they remind you where you went wrong so you may get it right this time. Relying on pure luck especially in the board examination is risky. Do what you have to do. After all you make your own luck.

Your attitude towards what you are heading is what keeps you on tract. If you do not love Accounting, I mean by heart, try. I say try because it’s worth it. IT IS WORTH IT.

CONTINUE READING. CLICK THIS.


Author: Dexter Manantan, CPA

Putting others down is the quickest way to down oneself.

Dexter graduated cum laude from the University of Northern Philippines with a bachelor's degree in accountancy. He served as president of the Junior Philippine Institute of Accountants - UNP Chapter and an intern in the audit department of Ilocos Sur Cooperative Medical Mission Group and Hospital. He was also the Editor-in-Chief of The Ledger, the official student publication of JPIA-UNP Chapter, and Managing Editor of CBAA Biznews, the official student publication of UNP - College of Business Administration and Accountancy. Dexter is a JPIA-UNP Goodwill Ambassador.




CONTRIBUTE. Send your articles to  silentvoicepoints@yahoo.com. Subject on your email: VoicePoints. WRITE anything (English or Filipino). SHARE your views. CAPTURE every moment.

Get regular updates straight from your Facebook and Twitter accounts with The Blog of Innocence: SilentVoice Points. Make sure that you keep informed about the latest happenings around you. Be a fan of VoicePoints page on Facebook. Join the online conversation of the people behind your history. Follow and get some tweet updates from @voicepoints on Twitter. Discuss and be a part of this changing world. We believe in your voice. We believe in you. Shout! Speak your mind! Join now! You have the right. You have the freedom!

The Blog of Innocence: SilentVoice Points is accepting works and articles - news on our nation and the world, social issues, environment, advocacy, entertainment, trending issues and events, history, literature, reviews, travel, science and technology and discoveries. We reserve the right to edit and not to publish articles for reasons of libel and ethics.

Need advertising partners? Email us now silentvoicepoints@yahoo.com.  Advertise with us!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Follow by Email

Powered by Blogger.

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More